Food Rescue Program
We want to make donating food as easy as possible for you.
We accept donations of surplus food from farmers, supermarkets, wholesalers, etc.
Food Without Borders accepts;
- Produce close to their ‘Best Before’ or ‘Use By’ date
- Produce with damaged packaging
- Produce with incorrect labels or no label
- Excess stock
- Slow moving stock or deleted lines
- Other produce outside these categories may be accepted – ask our friendly staff
Food suitable for collection;
- The food must be safe to eat when it leaves the possession or control of the donor
- The donor gives us any information required to ensure the ongoing safety of the food
- Care has been taken when handling, storing and packing food
- High Risk Food is stored in clean, covered food-grade containers
- High risk foods such as: eggs and dairy products are kept below 5°C or above 60°C and out of the Temperature Danger Zone
- Everyone involved in handling donated food has maintained the highest standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness
- The food will be in an edible state in 48hours time from collection
- `Use by’ dates must have at least 2 days life remaining
- `Best Before’ dates must have at least 2 days life remaining for refrigerated items
- `Best Before’ dates may only be up to 3 months past for dry goods and providing the food is still fit for consumption
Food that is not suitable for collection
- Meat products
- Food past its `Use by’ date
- Refrigerated food past its `Best Before’ date
- Dry goods that are 3 months past the `Best Before’ date
- Food that is damaged or perished to an extent that affects its reasonable use
- Leaking or unsealed products
- Cracked or broken eggs
- Food with visible mould or contamination
- Refrigerated items not stored and maintained at less than 5°C
- Frozen items not stored and maintained at less than minus 15°C
- Foods that have been served to the public on a buffet and/or unwrapped and exposed
To enquire about donating food please complete this form and we will be in contact shortly.
Or if you would prefer, call us on 0449 711 181
All donations are covered by ‘Good Samaritan’ legislation which protects companies and individulas from liability who donate and distribute food in good faith.
All donations are fully tax deductible.
Donating reduces the cost of dumping, transport and administration.