Vegan Cook / Chef
Employer: Lentil As Anything Inc.
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Retail & Hospitality
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP), Social Enterprise
Job posted on: 12 September, 2017.
Applications close: please apply as soon as possible
We currently have an opening for a cook or chef to join and help to lead our kitchen team in Newtown, NSW.
- Must be available to work evenings and some weekend shifts
- Must have wide knowledge of vegetarian food from around the world
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to guide and mentor unskilled volunteer staff
- Must have a heart of gold, and a calm, positive can-do attitude
- Must be fit and strong and unafraid of hard work
The role includes:
- Cooking a variety of vegan dishes that will feed up to 400 people per shift
- Leading, mentoring and upskilling less skilled staff and volunteers
- Assisting head chef with ordering stock and other admin
- Unpacking deliveries, store management, stock rotation, lots of cleaning
We would prefer to hire someone to work full time on a salary, but other options may be available for the right person.