Lentil as Anything has an exciting new job opportunity – Public Relations and Communications Officer
This is a great opportunity to utilise your outstanding PR, communications and marketing skills. In this position you will be responsible for providing regular and on-going information to the community via the local media, our social media, website and electronic newsletters, brochures and other marketing material regarding Lentil as Anything news, projects and events.
The role requires:
- Demonstrated experience in Public Relations and Communications.
- Demonstrated research skills and an ability to understand and communicate information in an understandable manner.
- Excellent communication skills including a proven high level of written and verbal communication skills and an ability to liaise and negotiate with all levels of Council staff, Government and members of the community.
- Managing Lentil as Anything’s media contact lists and compilation of editorial coverage and reports.
- Fielding and assisting in media enquiries.
- Experience in presenting information to the community through diverse formats.
- Producing effective and efficient media releases.
- Assisting with the management of Lentil as Anything’s Media Team.
- Developing marketing materials, as well as digital marketing initiatives and online content (website, Facebook, etc.).
- Contribution to ongoing website content management to maximise the impact in relation to marketing and new media.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Contribution to and development of marketing and communication plans and strategies.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Other ad hoc marketing and PR tasks as required.
Based at Head Office in Abbotsford Convent. Initially 2 days per week. Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply for this job
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Public Relations and Communications Officer application