Lentil as Anything’s operation is no miracle, it is made possible by your generosity.
What do we do?
Lentil’s main function is to make food available to the community with no barriers. The anonymous donation left in our boxes, and donations through our website is a commentary on the generosity
of the community. We value equality. When we can engage with everyone on the same level, we can trully appreciate our differences and uniqueness.
The team at Lentil consists of a core staff, experienced in hospitality, generously giving their time. Your contributions and these individuals make possible an unprecedented movement through food,
workplace inclusion and training bound together by trust.
How do we use the money?
The money donated to Lentil funds the 3 restaurants that make available 1000 meals per day.
We are faced with the same overheads as a normal restaurant yet many of our patrons are unable to afford even the most minimal donation.
Every donation no matter how small has a massive impact on our ability to provide an excellent experience for our patrons and volunteers.
What do we provide to the community besides food?
- Create cultural opportunities for those who are looking to establish themselves in our community.
- Employment placement for people unable to get a foot in the door of workplace culture.
- Councelling services for people from traumatized backgrounds and those in situation of social hardship.
- An opportunity to interface with a broad cross section of society.
- Barista training.
- Chef Training.
- Travel opportunities to country victoria to connect with the rural population through the Tree Planting Weekends with Wimmera Catchment Authority.
- Visa Sponsorship.
- A platform for emerging writers through our partnership with Ilura Press.
Tax time 2012.. Did you know?
Australian tax payers can reduce the amount of tax they owe by giving a gift of more than $2 to an approved charity (deductible gift recipient) like Lentil as Anything. There is no upper limit on the amount of donations you can claim a tax deduction for.
Your donations have to be received by us by the end of June 30th to be counted so don’t leave your donation until July or August!
Thank you very much for your generosity and continuous support for Lentil as Anything
*Lentil as Anything has Deductible Gift Recipient status, all donations over $2 are tax deductible.
For more information please ask our staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org