What do we do?
Lentil as Anything’s main function is to make food available to the community with no barriers. The anonymous donation left in our boxes, and donations through our website is a commentary on the generosity of the community.
The team at Lentil as Anything consists of a core staff, experienced in hospitality, generously giving their time. Your contributions and these individuals make possible an unprecedented movement through food, workplace inclusion and training bound together by trust.
How do we use the money?
The money donated to Lentil’s funds our restaurants that make available several thousand meals per day. We are faced with the same overheads as a normal restaurant yet many of our patrons are unable to afford even the most minimal donation.
Your donation will be used to fund the operations of our restaurant, as well as occasionally fund the opening of a new restaurant. With these restaurants, there are other benefits in addition to providing food for the community:
- Create cultural opportunities for those who are looking to establish themselves in our community.
- Improve employability for people unable to get a foot in the door of workplace culture.
- An opportunity to interface with a broad cross section of society.
- Training in specific areas of hospitality, such as kitchen hand and barista.
- Travel opportunities to country Victoria to connect with the rural and refugee population through the Tree Planting Weekends with Wimmera Catchment Authority.
- Opportunities for local and visiting visual artists to exhibit in our restaurant, and musicians to perform.